The Head of Fundraising (HOM) will be the person primarily responsible for attracting, growing, and sustaining the revenue streams of The Overseas Dispatch alongside its broader financial or strategic buy-in from other actors. This person will envision and execute the mission of The Overseas Dispatch by establishing sustainable and scalable revenue streams that leverage diverse methodologies, engaging potential donors, and forecasting robust financial solvency through the execution of successful fundraising campaigns and related objectives. The HOF will effectively be the highest-ranking individual directly responsible for the consistent revenue flow of The Overseas Dispatch. This person will occupy a co-equal role with the Head of Membership and the Head of Communications and will report to the Associate Director of Outreach.
The HOF’s formal responsibilities include:
- Establishing the policies, procedures, meetings, communications, and accountability checks of the Fundraising Team and convening more staff as needed;
- Liaising with the Associate Director of Outreach, Head of Communications, Head of Membership, and other relevant company staff members on joint concerns, questions, initiatives, and related matters;
- Establishing quantifiable, creative, and realistic long-term fundraising strategies that enhance both the positioning and the financial independence of The Overseas Dispatch in ways that allow for increased engagement and scalability;
- Devise short- and medium-term fundraising targets in consultation with the Administration department to meet internal financing and external support benchmarks;
- Attend networking events and meetings with potential donors or strategic financial partners and co-sponsors;
- Write, oversee, and approve the writing of all grant proposals and funding applications for different company elements;
- Conceiving, planning, and executing all fundraising initiatives through traditional fundraisers, crowdfunding, and other like means;
- Compiling reports of team needs, project possibilities, work updates, potential problems, and feedback;
- Representing the Overseas Dispatch in an official capacity at fundraising events and through other media
The successful applicant will be able to excel at all of the responsibilities outlined above. This person will additionally be able to communicate effectively and civilly with other Overseas Dispatch employees; maintain professionalism in their activities; adhere to all essential guidelines; offer honest and transparent feedback about department operations; and bring a positive attitude to their role as a Team Head.
- At least two years of experience working in fundraising, marketing, strategic donor outreach, grant-writing, or a related field
- At least one year of experience leading a team
- The ability to creatively devise realistic funding goals and implement a short-, medium-, and long-term fundraising strategy to meet them
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on interpersonal skills
- The ability to respond promptly to regular correspondence from company volunteers
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Semi-finalists will be contacted for interviews, after which a candidate will be named. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.