The Head of Human Resources (HHR) will be the person primarily responsible for overseeing the staff-facing operations of The Overseas Dispatch. This person will execute the mission of The Overseas Dispatch by creating valuable long-term practices in staff culture, organization, hiring, payroll, and negotiation. The HHR will effectively be the highest-ranking individual directly responsible for ensuring the sustained, effective, coherent, and positive management of the people in The Overseas Dispatch. This person will directly supervise the Human Resources Team and will report to the Director of Administration.
The HHR’s formal responsibilities include:
- Establishing the policies, procedures, meetings, communications, and accountability checks of the Human Resources Team;
- Organizing and maintaining clear, detailed staff records and communicating them with all departments;
- Liaising frequently between the Administration and Outreach, Marketing, Content Creation, DEI, and Technology departments to ensure updated staff records;
- Designing and implementing a positive virtual staff culture that creates opportunities for horizontal involvement in all activities;
- Overseeing the hiring process for all current and future position openings in The Overseas Dispatch;
- Effectively pipelining and addressing staff complaints, concerns, and general feedback;
- Overseeing the employee payroll and benefits onboarding processes;
- Representing the Overseas Dispatch in an official capacity at human resources or staff events and through other media;
- Compiling reports of team needs, project possibilities, work updates, potential problems, and feedback
The successful applicant will be able to excel at all of the responsibilities outlined above. This person will additionally be able to communicate effectively and civilly with other Overseas Dispatch employees; maintain professionalism in their activities; adhere to all essential guidelines; offer honest and transparent feedback about department operations; and bring a positive attitude to their role as a team Head.
- A Bachelor’s degree in human resources, management, or a related field
- At least two years of experience in human resources or interpersonal communications
- At least one year of experience leading a team
- Exceptional organizational and creative skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Great written and verbal communication
- The ability to hit the ground running and begin organizing a large volunteer staff
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Semi-finalists will be contacted for interviews, after which a candidate will be named. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org any questions.